Friday, April 11, 2014

In the beginning....there was inspiration and enlightment

I originally started this blog back in January 2012 to document my pregnancy and share my joys and glowing months of growing a human being. What really happened was the worst nine months of my life consumed with vomiting, dehydration and constant nausea. Since I barely had the energy to lift my head, blogging certainly wasn't a priority or even something I thought about after a couple months. So! Having since birthed the parasite....ahem....child 19 months ago and successfully keeping food down since, I have decided to come back from retirement because since having Oliver, I have developed a large interest in eating healthy.... and not just eating healthy but eating CLEAN foods and maintaining a somewhat nutritious lifestyle. This blog is to reveal to you that this is a journey and I most certainly do not perfectly adhere to a certain diet but rather that I am a human being, a mother, a wife, and work full time; therefore, I am TRYING.

I won't get too much into detail now but as aforementioned, my son, Oliver, inspired and motivated me to really research what I was putting in my body because he was getting that, too because I breastfeed. And in those first several months, he was exclusively breastfed. Why would I want his pallet to be fast food or candy or junk food? I wanted him to eat healthy, so that forced me to do the same for his own wellness. As a result, I am gradually pursuing a realistic paleo diet, with the help from social media, blogs, books, and my ever-encouraging mother who researches everything.

I am not a medical professional but believe in our body's ability to overcome and fight disease and illness and common maladies by what the earth has provided since the dawn of time.

So, to start off, I want to thank Oliver, for being my bundle of chunky ginger inspiration, and my mom for always being a hippie :)


No comments:

Post a Comment